VS2022, Missing RemObjects Project Templates (and Workaround!)

Elements Version 11.0.0.2721, VS version 17.1.1

I wanted to try out Elements with VS2022 this morning, so I installed VS2022 and uninstalled/reinstalled Elements, making sure that VS2022 was checked:

However, none of the RemObjects project templates were available when I tried to create a new project.

I decided to load an existing Mercury project, to see if the item templates were available. When I tried to add a new item to that project, I saw this:

And when this dialog disappeared, yes I did have RemObjects item templates! Then I tried to create a new project, and the project templates are now also visible!

So hopefully for anyone running into this issue, this workaround helps!

–Avonelle

1 Like

Logged as bugs://E25760.

Thanx!

to clarify — is this per IDE session? or do the templates show fine after you close and restart VS2022, as long as a Mercury project was opened once before, in the past?

It looks like they are there permanently, once you close and restart VS2022. Yay!

–Avonelle

1 Like

Hello,
I’ve investigated the issue with templates today. It looks like a bug in VS, we cannot fully control showing the templates now. My guess is when you touch item templates VS internally updates them and after it templates are shown properly.

bugs://E25760 was closed as cannot fix.

Thanks for investigating. Ugh - sad for me as Microsoft always seems more interested in adding new features rather than fixing bugs so who knows when they will get to it (if ever). That being said, at least it solves itself later on.

–Avonelle

1 Like

Found this thread as a result of the same issue. Resolution also looks to be the same. Thanks Avonelle.

1 Like