Water Feature Requests

Just some things that would be nice if they were added/supported.

1.My kingdom for a ‘delete current line’ hot key (^Y in Fire).

1. Allow users to map their own hotkeys.

2. A way to selectively ignore exceptions while debugging in the IDE. This one might need some more explanation:
    When using the PostgreSQL .Net data provider, you always get a socket error when opening the database. The driver authors consider this normal and expected behavior (weird). Anyway I have to set Water to ignore ALL socket errors to run the project in the IDE. It would be nice if there was a way to ignore the error just in that section of code, because I really don’t want to ignore socket errors in all the rest of the project.

Thanks

What’d be a standard key combo for that on Windows? Afaik that’s not a thing, which is why I didn’t expose it yet, but its an easy fix if I know what key to out it on…

not in the short term, sorry. there’d be a lot of infrastructure needed for the that inion;t have right now.

Debug|Manage Ignored Exceptions :wink:

In the old VB6 days it was Ctrl+Y, but that isn’t very common. VS 2017 uses both Ctrl+Shift+L and Ctrl+Backspace. My preference would be Ctrl+Backspace because it is easier to use and seems to make more sense.

No problem. Just this old dog trying to avoid learning new tricks :wink:

Yeah, that will ignore all occurrences of the exception. What I was hoping for was being able to only ignore it for a certain section of code, not universally for the entire project. As far as I can tell VS doesn’t have this ability, but it would be nice to have in Water.

Ah yes. That’s on my list; I wanna be able to ignore exceptions according to various rules, including whats in the message and/or the call stack. The biggest problem is finding a good way for an intuitive UI for managing this ;). The cod itself is there and gets applied to a certain handful common exceptions, already :wink:

Will do.

Thanks, logged as bugs://81278

bugs://81278 got closed with status fixed.

implemented with Ctrl+Shift+L

You da man!

Thanks.

1 Like