WebAssembly Trial : A couple of questions

I have read the blog post about Delphi style VCL on the web assembly platform. This is very interesting, so much so that I downloaded the trial version to have a go. I have the basic ‘hello world’ scenario compiling and running just fine. Now I want to try something more meaningful. I was wondering if you could give some guidance on whether or not it is possible to call an RO SDK server from the webassembly side? If so how?

Regards,
Will.

Will,

I’ll let my colleague answer more about the VCL side of things. as for ROSDK, I’m afraid we currently don’t have a WebAssembly-native client library (yet), but you should be able to call the RO/JavaScript client APIs using the general Javascript bridging support, the same way you can access any other Javascript objects such as the DOM. See https://blogs.remobjects.com/2018/01/12/webassembly-swift-c-java-and-oxygene-in-the-browser/.

I’ll check with the ROSDK team to see of someone can whip up a small sample.

Hi Marc,
That was a quick answer :wink:

In terms of the VCL side of things. I’m interested but that’s not the important part for me. Interacting with standard HTML and Javascript is the key there.

I’m invested in Delphi for the server side of things. So I am interested in being able to call RO SDK methods and being able to do something with the result. So, for instance loop through an array of ROComplextype and do something with them - maybe just add text fields to a memo for a simple demo.

I’ll check out the other blog post for the JS calls - thanks.

Another side question : are you still offering an escape from Delphi offer?

Regards,
Will.

Can you review the ROD/MegaDemo sample? it shows how to RO/JS client works with an array of ROComplextype

we do, yeah:

http://elementscompiler.com/shoppingcart?add=1365

Fantastic, still the same price as well.

I’m going to spend a few days reviewing the suggested demos and blog posts and looking at the web assembly stuff and come back to you.

I know my next question will bring most developers out in a cold sweat but : Do you have a feel for when/if a WebAssembly ROSDK client might be available?

Regards,
Will.

I’m afraid I can’t commit to a specific timeline for a native-wasm ROSDK from-end and this time (although we are looking into it), but we should bet the JS-based client usable form you from WASM easily, if it doesn’t already (in theory, it should “just work”).