What is "Foundation" namespace?

When I make a new class, a “uses Foundation” is added. But when I compile it, it says it doesn’t know that namespace. Where is this “Foundation” supposed to be?

That’s for “cocoa”, are you developing for mac/ios ?

Nope. Not that I know of anyway. I’m compiling and running my WPF app on Windows. (I guess I should have said that in my original post)

with the beta, or final? iirc there is a bug in the beta where it shows templates from the wrong platforms. make sure to pick a blue template icon, for .NET

I think I see what is happening. I just did an “Add|Add new class” from the menu item and then Changed the class name in the dialog that pops up. I never even noticed there were two “class icons”.

If I’m right clicking on the application node and adding to a WPF application, doesn’t it make sense to only show the Windows WPF class icon?

Also, a tooltip would help someone like me know what the difference is other than, they are different colors. (of course if only one was SUPPOSED to be there, then a tooltip wouldn’t be needed :slight_smile: )

Version I have is 8.3.95.2031 (I remember you have odds and evens but I don’t remember which one is beta and which is not)

Indeed, hence me saying this is a bug :wink: