Which framework is targeted by the SDK assemblies

Hello,

I’m using Remobjects SDK in our C# build that are targeting either .Net 4.5 or .Net Core 2.1 but I am wondering which minimal framework version is the one supported by the files provided in the distribution.
Inside RemObjects SDK for .NET\Bin, I get the following structure:

RemObjects.SDK.dll
.NetStandard\RemObjects.SDK.dll
CF\RemObjects.SDK.dll
PortableLibrary\RemObjects.SDK.dll
Silverlight\RemObjects.SDK.dll
WindowsPhone\RemObjects.SDK.dll
WinRT\RemObjects.SDK.dll

Is there a documentation somewhere highlighting what each version of the SDK files are targeting?
For instance, the dll file in the root folder seems to be usable for both .Net 4.5 and .Net Core 2.1, but I’m not sure this is appropriate.

Thanks for any clarification.

Hello

Root folder - .NET 3.5. Ofc they are fully compatible with .NET 4.0+
.NETStandard - .NET Standard 2.0
.NETCore - .NET Core 2.1+
CF - Compact Framework 2.0
Silverlight, PortableLibrary, WindowsPhone and WinRT are obsolete ones and are kept only for backwards compatibility. Eventually these targets will be phased out, because 2 of these platforms are in fact dead and 2 others are covered by .NET Standard

Regards

Thanks, I do not have the .NetCore folder here, but I’m using version 9.4 so maybe it was introduced in a later version.

You are right, .NET Core build became available later. However please note that .NET Standard-targeted assemblies can be used in .NET Core w/o limitations for CLIENT applications.
The build targeted specifically for .NET Core also adds support for SERVER side of things (ie Remoting SDK and Data Abstract servers running on .NET Core). It is already available at the Data Abstract downloads page.

.NET Core is new for v10.