Windows Server 2019 Compatibility

Description:

Hello everyone, good afternoon.

We’ve been using RemObjects for a good number of years, and everything was working normally until we decided to migrate Windows Server from 2012 to 2019.

From then on, problems began to appear, disrupting the system’s standard behavior (even without any changes to the version).

We returned one of the servers to Windows Server 2012 and everything worked normally again, without errors.

We are looking for similar reports on the internet, but have not been successful.

I would like your opinion on this, and whether a possible update of the components would be a viable solution.

Errors typically occur when writing to the database.

Versions:
Delphi XE8
RemObjects Data Abstract for Delphi, Server Edition - 8.3.91.1167
RemObjects Hydra - 4.0.77.1109
RemObjects SDK for Delphi - 8.3.91.1167
Target: Windows

Prints:
Erro 2
Erro 1

Updating to a version that is not over eight years old would be my first suggestion, yes. :slight_smile:

Is there any tutorial or premium support for this kind of update?

I was directed to a legacy system which I need to update all components and I’m a little lost with this component.

Finally, is there a trial version so I can test this update?

Updating from 8.x to the latest should be seamless, simply install the new version over/instead of the old one, and no major changes should be necessary. But of course, our support team will be happy to assist you, should you run into any issues.

Yes, you get get a trial version at remobjects.com/da/trial.

yours,
marc

1 Like