WPF Crossword display

After some time away (on a hi priority Delphi project), I’m continuing my journey with WPF! I have been challenged to produce a crossword making application. I’m ok with all the logic, but not sure what to use for the main crossword display - I have the DevExpress WPF suite. I don’t want to get into data grid stuff. Each cell must be editable - either “black” or “white” and if white contain a letter and (possibly) a clue number. I could set up a matrix of individual layout controls, but wondered if there was a “better” way?
I’m sure this must have been done before, so if any of you pros out there have an idle(!) moment to ponder this, I’d be grateful for any thoughts,

Bob Russell

I would use probably just a plain <Grid> layout control, with a custom control in each of the cells for. The custom control would could just be a combination of 3 controls (a black square and two labels for the letter or the clue number), which would get shown/hidden depending on the state.

Thanks. That was my thought too. I’ll see if we get any more esoteric suggestions!

1 Like