Wrong version being pulled in

Hi,

I think this is a separate issue so I started a new thread.

In the screenshot has it pulled in 12.01 of Newtonsoft ? Havent I explicitly added 11.0.2 ?

I got the app running using explicit references. I had 3.10.0 and 3.11.0 of Carter.

Originally I had this

carter:3.10.0
newtonsoft.json:[11.0.2]

but I was getting

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load file or assembly ‘Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed’. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectManySingleSelectorIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator1.MoveNext()
at Carter.CarterExtensions.AddCarter(IServiceCollection services, DependencyContextAssemblyCatalog assemblyCatalog) in /Users/jonathan/Projects/Carter/src/CarterExtensions.cs:line 182

It was resolving to 3.11 which is >= 12.01

I then changed it to

carter:[3.10.0]
newtonsoft.json:[11.0.2]

and the console app loads but the Fire looks to be telling it pulled in 12.01

CarterHelloWorldWebApp.zip (677.1 KB)

Cheers,
John

Is this separate from the “case” issue in the other thread?

it’s fine for me:

D:             Generated Files for 'CarterHelloWorldWebApp' target 'Echoes':
D:               Carter.dll (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/carter/3.10.0/lib/netstandard2.0/Carter.dll)
D:               Carter.pdb (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/carter/3.10.0/lib/netstandard2.0/Carter.pdb)
D:               CarterHelloWorldWebApp.deps.json (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/CarterHelloWorldWebApp-0DC4E87E505E4023AF9441CB9C7FA0EED9A71419/Debug/Echoes/CarterHelloWorldWebApp.deps.json)
D:               CarterHelloWorldWebApp.exe (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/CarterHelloWorldWebApp-0DC4E87E505E4023AF9441CB9C7FA0EED9A71419/Debug/Echoes/CarterHelloWorldWebApp.exe)
D:               CarterHelloWorldWebApp.exe.mdb (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/CarterHelloWorldWebApp-0DC4E87E505E4023AF9441CB9C7FA0EED9A71419/Debug/Echoes/CarterHelloWorldWebApp.exe.mdb)
D:               CarterHelloWorldWebApp.runtimeconfig.dev.json (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/CarterHelloWorldWebApp-0DC4E87E505E4023AF9441CB9C7FA0EED9A71419/Debug/Echoes/CarterHelloWorldWebApp.runtimeconfig.dev.json)
D:               CarterHelloWorldWebApp.runtimeconfig.json (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/CarterHelloWorldWebApp-0DC4E87E505E4023AF9441CB9C7FA0EED9A71419/Debug/Echoes/CarterHelloWorldWebApp.runtimeconfig.json)
D:               FluentValidation.dll (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/fluentvalidation/8.1.2/lib/netstandard2.0/FluentValidation.dll)
D:               FluentValidation.xml (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/fluentvalidation/8.1.2/lib/netstandard2.0/FluentValidation.xml)
D:               Microsoft.OpenApi.dll (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/microsoft.openapi/1.1.2/lib/netstandard2.0/Microsoft.OpenApi.dll)
D:               Microsoft.OpenApi.pdb (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/microsoft.openapi/1.1.2/lib/netstandard2.0/Microsoft.OpenApi.pdb)
D:               Microsoft.OpenApi.xml (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/microsoft.openapi/1.1.2/lib/netstandard2.0/Microsoft.OpenApi.xml)
D:               Newtonsoft.Json.dll (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/newtonsoft.json/11.0.2/lib/netstandard2.0/Newtonsoft.Json.dll)
D:               Newtonsoft.Json.xml (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/newtonsoft.json/11.0.2/lib/netstandard2.0/Newtonsoft.Json.xml)
D:               System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/system.security.cryptography.algorithms/4.3.1/runtimes/osx/lib/netstandard1.6/System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms.dll)

note the .../Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/newtonsoft.json/11.0.2/lib/netstandard2.0/...

Do you have carter 3.11 in your local nuget ?

Yes sorry this is about Fire telling me its referencing 12.01 when Ive specified [11.0.2]

Actually im not getting this with the latest

I only have 3.10.0 in my local cache.

check the detailed log. does it get upgraded because something else demands 12.01? there’s a lot of information in the resolve log to let you diagnose these kind of things.