Wrong version being pulled in

(JohnMoshakis) #1

Hi,

I think this is a separate issue so I started a new thread.

In the screenshot has it pulled in 12.01 of Newtonsoft ? Havent I explicitly added 11.0.2 ?

I got the app running using explicit references. I had 3.10.0 and 3.11.0 of Carter.

Originally I had this

carter:3.10.0
newtonsoft.json:[11.0.2]

but I was getting

Unhandled Exception: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types.
Could not load file or assembly ‘Newtonsoft.Json, Version=12.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed’. The located assembly’s manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes()
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectManySingleSelectorIterator2.MoveNext() at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator1.MoveNext()
at Carter.CarterExtensions.AddCarter(IServiceCollection services, DependencyContextAssemblyCatalog assemblyCatalog) in /Users/jonathan/Projects/Carter/src/CarterExtensions.cs:line 182

It was resolving to 3.11 which is >= 12.01

I then changed it to

carter:[3.10.0]
newtonsoft.json:[11.0.2]

and the console app loads but the Fire looks to be telling it pulled in 12.01

CarterHelloWorldWebApp.zip (677.1 KB)

Cheers,
John

(marc hoffman) #2

Is this separate from the “case” issue in the other thread?

(marc hoffman) #3

it’s fine for me:

D:             Generated Files for 'CarterHelloWorldWebApp' target 'Echoes':
D:               Carter.dll (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/carter/3.10.0/lib/netstandard2.0/Carter.dll)
D:               Carter.pdb (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/carter/3.10.0/lib/netstandard2.0/Carter.pdb)
D:               CarterHelloWorldWebApp.deps.json (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/CarterHelloWorldWebApp-0DC4E87E505E4023AF9441CB9C7FA0EED9A71419/Debug/Echoes/CarterHelloWorldWebApp.deps.json)
D:               CarterHelloWorldWebApp.exe (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/CarterHelloWorldWebApp-0DC4E87E505E4023AF9441CB9C7FA0EED9A71419/Debug/Echoes/CarterHelloWorldWebApp.exe)
D:               CarterHelloWorldWebApp.exe.mdb (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/CarterHelloWorldWebApp-0DC4E87E505E4023AF9441CB9C7FA0EED9A71419/Debug/Echoes/CarterHelloWorldWebApp.exe.mdb)
D:               CarterHelloWorldWebApp.runtimeconfig.dev.json (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/CarterHelloWorldWebApp-0DC4E87E505E4023AF9441CB9C7FA0EED9A71419/Debug/Echoes/CarterHelloWorldWebApp.runtimeconfig.dev.json)
D:               CarterHelloWorldWebApp.runtimeconfig.json (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Obj/CarterHelloWorldWebApp-0DC4E87E505E4023AF9441CB9C7FA0EED9A71419/Debug/Echoes/CarterHelloWorldWebApp.runtimeconfig.json)
D:               FluentValidation.dll (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/fluentvalidation/8.1.2/lib/netstandard2.0/FluentValidation.dll)
D:               FluentValidation.xml (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/fluentvalidation/8.1.2/lib/netstandard2.0/FluentValidation.xml)
D:               Microsoft.OpenApi.dll (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/microsoft.openapi/1.1.2/lib/netstandard2.0/Microsoft.OpenApi.dll)
D:               Microsoft.OpenApi.pdb (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/microsoft.openapi/1.1.2/lib/netstandard2.0/Microsoft.OpenApi.pdb)
D:               Microsoft.OpenApi.xml (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/microsoft.openapi/1.1.2/lib/netstandard2.0/Microsoft.OpenApi.xml)
D:               Newtonsoft.Json.dll (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/newtonsoft.json/11.0.2/lib/netstandard2.0/Newtonsoft.Json.dll)
D:               Newtonsoft.Json.xml (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/newtonsoft.json/11.0.2/lib/netstandard2.0/Newtonsoft.Json.xml)
D:               System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms (/Users/mh/Library/Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/system.security.cryptography.algorithms/4.3.1/runtimes/osx/lib/netstandard1.6/System.Security.Cryptography.Algorithms.dll)

note the .../Application Support/RemObjects Software/EBuild/Packages/NuGet/newtonsoft.json/11.0.2/lib/netstandard2.0/...

(JohnMoshakis) #4

Do you have carter 3.11 in your local nuget ?

(JohnMoshakis) #5

Yes sorry this is about Fire telling me its referencing 12.01 when Ive specified [11.0.2]

Actually im not getting this with the latest

(marc hoffman) #6

I only have 3.10.0 in my local cache.

check the detailed log. does it get upgraded because something else demands 12.01? there’s a lot of information in the resolve log to let you diagnose these kind of things.