WSDL import in service builder yields "Unknown type: unknown"

Hi

I’ve recently upgraded from an older version of Remobjects (which I was using with Delphi 7!) to Remobjects SDK 9 with Delphi 2010. The previously generated interface file has a number of (now compatible) changes so I need to regenerate the interface file from the WSDL (SOAP 1.1 WSDL) for the latest version of Remobjects with D2010.

Importing the WSDL in to the service builder works fine however when it goes to generate the Delphi interface code it throws a rather unhelpful error “Unknown type: unknown”. Given there’s an unknown unknown I don’t really know where to begin diagnosing this one. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I checked all the attributes looking for anything which may resemble something ‘unknown’ but can’t find any. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

On the service builder WSDL import it says SOAP 1.2 preferred - why is it 1.2 preferred ? are there some unsupported elements from SOAP 1.1 which is the reason why 1.2 is preferred or is it just that SOAP 1.2 is the latest in the SOAP standard and so that’s why it’s ‘preferred’ ?

Regards
Jason

after importing WSDL with ServiceBuilder, pls call Tools->Check Library for problems in ServiceBuilder.
it should show all detected problems.

it means that if soap 1.1 binding and soap 1.2 binding are found in wsdl, soap 1.2 binding will be used by default.
You can use import all bindings and then remove SOAP 1.2 items from RODL.

can you send your wsdk to support@ pls, we will review what is wrong and why it isn’t imported correctly.

by other way, it you have worked .RODL that was imported earlier, you can load it in ServiceBuilder and regenerate _intf from it.

Thanks a lot for the reply - very helpful! Check library showed up one issue with the WSDL which is this data type:

<xsd:complexType name="ImageData">
<xsd:complexContent>
<xsd:restriction base="soapenc:Array">
<xsd:attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType" wsdl:arrayType="xsd:binary[]"/>
</xsd:restriction>
</xsd:complexContent>
</xsd:complexType>

I’m mailing the wsdl to support@ so you can have a look at the full thing!

Regards
Jason

Thanks, logged as bugs://76858

this type is a non-standard. standard ones are base64Binary and hexBinary.

bugs://76858 got closed with status nochangereq.

bugs://i64657 was closed as fixed.

Logged as bugs://i64657.