Delphi RO/DA for iOS and Android

We’ve migrated the RemObjects/DataAbstract SDK to the nextgen compilers available in Delphi XE5 and newer versions.
The migration process has been careful enough to maintain compatibility with older versions of Delphi.
Not many aditional IFDEFs in the code, so the maintainability of the code should not be compromised.
We’ve tested MegaDemo client in Delphi XE7 for iOS and Android and it is working successfully.
DataAbstract “Bussines Processor” and “Dynamic Where” samples are also working in iOS and Android.
We’ve also ported EcmaScript for iOS and Android.

We are available to provide the code to RemObjects so they can evaluate if they want to include it in the main development trunk.

13 Likes

Are you kidding? that are great news! Im sure marc will be happy to see your code! Congraulations!

1 Like

I’ve followed up via email — looking forward to this.

1 Like

We have an Delphi RemObjects SDK server. It is serving remote objects to C# code base for iOS. Does this post mean that we can now can generate code from Delphi RO SDK and consume them in Delphi XE products on Android?
Can we now have all code in Delphi(Windows and Android) and even support encrypted binary transports?

All the code that works for Delphi OSX and Windows clients can work now for Delphi Android and iOS clients.
For example, the DA samples that are working with RelativityServer (which is a C# server) are working with Delphi Android and iOS clients

Best regards

Sounds Great!
We are using an encryption envelope for our messages in RO SDK.
When we use JavaScript library, we cannot consume that type of message.
If you use .net you can.
I believe if you use Delphi you can.
What I think, is if you use your code on Android, you should now be able to consume a message that is in an encrypted envelope.
Can someone confirm that?

If that is true, then your code should give the community the ability to use Delphi XE7 to create RO SDK clients that can utilize the full RO SDK stack.

That would be great!

I have not tested but the TROAESEncryptionEnvelope component (used by the encrypted messages) is included in the units I’ve migrated.
It should work in both Android and iOS.

FWIW, the AES encryption envelope is already supported in the native DA/Java library for Android as well.

Awesome.
I wish on the RemObjects SDK page, it showed what platforms supported the AES encryption envelope.

Such a thing will definitely have us upgrading to RO. We’ll keep an eye on this.

WOOOW

This is a very great news!!!

I hope that the team RO give serious consideration to support nextgen compilers

Now we’ve finished the update to the 8.2.89.1153 version of RO/DA for iOS and Android.
The testing process will finish in some days…
Hope RemObjects people will adopt this development for the benefit of the community.

I hope!!!

Thank you very much Christen!

Cool. is that the version of your code that we have, already?

Hello @mh,
No, you have the version 8.1.87.1145. We’ll send you the new version at the end of the testing (hopefully within some days).

Ok, cool. Our team has also begin work updating the codebase to latest — we’ll merge/compare once we get your version, and then hopefully will be able to make this available in an 8.3 beta, very soon,

thanx again for this.

—marc

I will wait the official beta. Thanks!

+1

so do I :wink:

I would also be grateful for this.

Brian Wheatley

Near the top of our list for the next beta drop (not the one publisher today, yet. But that one does add XE8 support).

2 Likes