WPF Host + WPF Plugins + NonVisual Plugin

Hi,

I have a Delphi application that was built around plugins, but I now want to bring the whole thing over to the .NET (Oxygene) side. Now this application was built before I got Hydra so non of my Delphi plugins are compatible (but that is fine as I would prefer to re-write it from scratch anyway).

So first time Hydra user. So I came to create a plugin and it referenced System.Windows.Forms and I figured I could just change that to suit my WPF application. Unfortunately when you can click on New Host application it creates a new Windows Forms application and not a WPF (in fact it does not even allow you to choose, just assumes).

How can I create a WPF Host for my WPF plugins ?

One other thing, related to the Visual Plugins themselves. I want each of my plugins to have an icon that I can then display inside WPF listbox (once I get a WPF Host running). How do I pass over an image from my WPF Plugin to the actual host ? What is the best way ?

Regards
Anthoni

Unfortunately we don’t support WPF hosts with visual plugins. But you can still manually instantiate ModuleManager to load non-visual plugins.

I’ve found a way around it, but I don’t like how it’s done, it seems clunky at best.
I’ve used the WinFormsHost inside WPF and then a HostPanel inside there. Like I said feels clunky, but it seems to work. Not sure on the ramifications though.

Any idea when you will support WPF ?