Fire crashes when deploying

.2263 isn’t deploying to my devices. Tried different projects and devices. .2261 is fine. Can’t see anything useful in console, and fire disappears before it saves it’s log but it looks like it gets as far as spotting the device.

Yeah, known bug, my refactoring to CrossBox brought to the surface an ARC issue in the compiler that causes an over-release :(. Fixed for the next beta — of you want, I can shoot you an updated build later today.

If it’s easy, otherwise I’m OK with .2261 (even though the class complete is broken in that one, that has actually taught me to put the implementation where I want them rather than always at the bottom…)

:stuck_out_tongue:

you should use Unified syntax, anyways ;).

I never did that, but you’re right, but I just know I’ll end up trying it in Delphi… I shall go refactor my current project while it’s still small.

I had a dream that Water could compile a Delphi project, with all my 3rd party components, if it were real then I wouldn’t have this problem of switching :wink:

You could add an option for this when adding new files, since if I add (say) a new tableviewcontroller, it isn’t unified.

There’s a new “move into/out of interface” refactoring (new in in .2261 or .2263) to help.

:wink:

Would it be possible to have a new build ? I’m not able to debug in the simulator because Fire crashes.

So there is. What do I do to use that then, since I can’t get it to work? Tried selecting the whole method, just the name, the declaration, all to no avail.

.2261 works OK for me, it’s only the newer .2263

Uploaded .2264 for both of you.

Oddly, Daniel, in the other thread, reported this problem went back to .2255. Does .2264 work for you two, Simulator and Device?

Hmm, apparently it’s not, no :(. The built I sent you fixes Simulator, but Device still crashes, so that must be a different bug :(. Investigating now…

Prob be tomorrow when I can check, sorry, just off to play footy!

Na, never mind. Device still crashes here for me too. I had assumed it was the same bug and didn’t retest, I only retest Sim :(.

And fixed; another nasty (but totally unrelated to the first) ARC bug :(. I;ve worked around and building a new Fire build for all three of you now, this will be .2264B.

Narrowed it down. Something so innocent:

using Foundation;

namespace ConsoleApplication246
{
	class Program
	{
		public static Int32 Main(string[] args)
		{
			new Program().test();
		}

public void runAndCaptureLineByLineOutputOfCommand(delegate void (string line) callback)
		{
			using (__autoreleasepool)
			{
				var line = NSString.stringWithFormat("Installation progress: %d%%", 50);
				callback(line);
			}
		}

public void test()
		{
			runAndCaptureLineByLineOutputOfCommand( (string line) => {
				line = line.substringFromIndex(23);
			});
		}
	}
}

Up for all three of you. Sorry it took a bit longer, slow upload speed form the :desert_island: this afternoon :(.

I can debug again but none of the breakpoints seem to work.

I see in the breakpoint list it says “(not resolved)”

I think it wasnt deploying the latest code. I did a rebuild and the breakpoints work but everything is crashing on startup in both simulator and a real device.

Bootstrapping failed for <FBApplicationProcess: 0x14e345210; org.me.MovingUITableView; pid: -1> with error: Error Domain=BKSProcessErrorDomain Code=1 “Unable to bootstrap process with bundleID org.me.MovingUITableView” UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to bootstrap process with bundleID org.me.MovingUITableView, BKSProcessExitReason=0, NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to start job, NSUnderlyingError=0x151052db0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=3 “No such process” UserInfo={BKLaunchdOperation=launch_get_running_pid_4SB, NSLocalizedDescription=Unable to get pid for label UIKitApplication:org.me.MovingUITableView[0xb313][74], BKLaunchdJobLabel=UIKitApplication:org.me.MovingUITableView[0xb313][74], NSLocalizedFailureReason=No such process}}, BKSProcessJobLabel=UIKitApplication:org.me.MovingUITableView[0xb313][74], BSErrorCodeDescription=bootstrap-failed}

Fire, or the app? i don’t see any crashes here, with latest, both for sim and device. can i get the crash report?