Installing RemObjects SDK breaks high DPI support for Delphi IDE

I’m using Delphi on a high DPI monitor. After installing the RemObjects SDK the Delphi IDE window becomes unusable due to scaling issues.

When I launch Delphi, the main window comes up normally (full screen, text sized normally). Then after a split second the main window is resized to 1/4 of the screen (however still in maximized state) and all text becomes very small. After that the IDE becomes unusable. Uninstalling RemObjects fixes this problem.

Any ideas?

1 Like

I have 125% dpi and IDE works without any problems.
if you restore normal size of IDE, increase width and height and again maximize IDE, will it help?

Nope doesn’t help. The IDE does maximize to full screen but all text is still too small to read.

My current resolution is to install RemObjects without IDE integration (deselect the checkbox during install), then hide RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE6.dll by renaming it (somehow RO still adds this dll to the Delphi IDE) and manually add the RemObjects paths to the IDE library path.

This enables me to compile and develop my application however without visual design support (can’t open any modules using any of the RO components).

can you detect what causes this behavior?
for this:

• install RO normally
  • disable all EW/RO packages
  • restart IDE

will be IDE shown correctly? if yes, enable the packages step by step.
if above workaround doesn’t work, pls

• close IDE
  • rename RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE6.dll
  • start IDE
  • enable the packages step-by step.

it will allow to detect that exactly causes problem: RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE6.dll or one of EW/RO .bpl

1: Dissabling all packages ==> problem remains
(packages are actually reselected when I reopen Delphi)
2: Removing all packages ==> problem remains
2: Renaming RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE6.dll ==> problem fixed

Did not try to re-enable any packages since I have removed them all

pls reenable delphi packages - they can work without RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE6.dll

Thanks, indeed it works. There is of course an error message at startup saying this dll cannot be loaded. But that is a minor problem.

You can remove RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE6.dll from

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Embarcadero\BDS\14.0\Known IDE Assemblies

hive with regedit

Same issue here, renaming the dll and removing it from the Registry solved the problem.

Logged as #68656.

Seems to appear under Seattle. Disabled the XE9 version of the key mentioned above and the problem was resolved.

So, what did I lose, if anything?

DataAbstract New Project Wizard and possibility to check new versions and open samples will be lost.
Also you can look at this solution, is untested though

I have the same problem with the IDE XE2.

Deleting the DLL reference in the Registry solve the problem in the IDE but

Our Delphi System suffers the same symptom (reduction to very small size and fonts) every time a form with WPF Hydra component is loaded.

There is any known solution to this behavior in the final application (Delphi host + WPF)?

pls read this article, probably it will help

Hello,

I have the same problem using RODA9 (even current betas) and Delphi 10.1 Berlin: IDE “shrinks” to a quarter of the screen, fonts are small and the IDE is almost unusable.
After removing the RemObjects.Everwood.RadStudio.XE10.dll everything works fine again.

Definitely can confirm that deleting Everwood library from “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Embarcadero\BDS\18.0\Known IDE Assemblies” solves the problem. This issue is still present even in the newest version(s) of RAD Studio/Delphi.

Hi, also this does not solve the problem itself (IDE does not scale and you basicly need magnifying glass), the following tipp leads to a usable IDE: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35955616/delphi-10-seattle-update1-ide-high-dpi-support

More background-info can be found here: https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=678916

I’ve the same resolution here and neither 150% (ugly) nor 200% (not enough space on screen) is usable. However, I perfectly like the 200% scaling for all the other programs.

After that “patch” you can safely update and reinstall RODA without further issues.

Hi, I see, but I’m using 10.1 Berlin (Update 1), where IDE is fine.

If I need nicely scaled IDE, I must only set “Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings” on the compatibility tab of BDS.EXE (I’m on 4K with 150% desktop scale).

So, there were IDE scaling issues fixed in Berlin.

bugs://68656 got closed with status nochangereq.