No rush, I won’t get to it today.

I understand, but my step will be ready :smiley:

NETCoreTestCase.zip (490.7 KB)

Have a nice day :slight_smile: you are starting, we have 1pm :wink:

1 Like

7:30 am :desert_island: time :wink:

Any news with .NET Core? Thanks :slight_smile:

No, busy week.

But note that even once I look at this, mixing Elements and Visual C# .NET Core projects (via project refs) won’t be supported for a while. I suggest you stuck to pure-Elements solutions (any reason you need VC# for the other?) or use a non-project reference.

—marc

If I had ASP .NET Core Web App project for elements - I want to make Web Api and run it on Linux.

ASP.NET Core support will be coming soon, but is not ready yet. few more weeks, i’m afraid.

1 Like

Hi, any news from ASP.NET Core for me?

not yet, no. sorry.

Arw we talking about core 1 or 2?

Either. We don’t currently have any templates for any of .NET Core. We did support building for .NET Core (any version), with some manual project adjustments (mainly, adjust references & set the Target Framework, see other threads for this), but we don’t et support runnning/debugging .NET Core from the IDE, nor do we support ASP.NET Core, specifically in any way.

All that’s on our list for the very near future, it’s just not quite there yet.

Hi, any news from ASP .NET Core? We really need it, because we’ve made a decision to cancel windows subscription, move to trial Windows Server and by the end of trial move our WCF services to ASP .NET Core API to Linux machine :slight_smile: Can’t wait for your great work :slight_smile: and take some time to rewrite our service.

This week’s beta (ie day after tomorrow) will have .NET Core tool chain improvements (and .NET Core debugging, on Windows at least). Next week’s will probably have templates, if all goes according to plan.

1 Like

Great info :slight_smile: Can’t wait for testing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sample project: NetCoreApplication286.zip (37.9 KB)

What should work in .2299:

• build
  • run manually with “dotnet exec
  • run w/o debugging (Fire, Water)
  • run in debugegr\ (VS, Water)
  • Configure SDK & Runtime, including version, in project settings (Fire, Water)

What’s missing/coming in .2301 next week:

• you can remove the explicit Microsoft.NETCore.App reference as that will be added automatically, in the next build
  • .NET Core debugging on Mac, in Fire.
  • templates

What should work in .2299:

What’s missing/coming in .2301 next week:

Why only uneven build numbers?

We ship uneven build numbers, and build even builds internally. Eg this morning in increased the build no to 2299, and we did the build we shipped. Then the. build number was set to 2300. There’ll be dozens of builds done internally over there next week, all versioned 2300. When we’re ready to ship the next build, we go to 2301, and the cycle repeats.

This way, all builds that leave the house (aside form off-shots we send to individual people for retesting specific fixes) have a unique build number, but on the flip Sid,e build numbers stay sane — if we’d increase with every build we do, we’d be in the 6+ digits now…

Because of this, a new build, .2301, is up now, and it happens to also include the following changes, already:

Hi, any news for ASP.NET Core templates?

ASP, no. Regular Core should be fully supported now, ASP.NET is next on my list, in that area.