.NETCore

Hi,

after some time I’m back to .NET Core with Elements

I’ve got the project you uploaded, but when I reference it to ASP.NET Core Web Application I’m getting error

Project ‘NetCoreApplication286.elements’ targets ‘.NETCore2.1’. It cannot be referenced by a project that targets ‘.NETCoreApp,Version=v2.1’.

Any idea how to reference it?

Using Elements 10.0.0.2305

Great success :slight_smile: Changed
.NETCore2.1
to
netcoreapp2.1
and I can reference Elements code to ASP.NET Core project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Success - it would be nice :slight_smile:

I’m trying to add npgsql reference to my .NETCoreApp - could you please look at this?

RemObjects.zip (441.8 KB)

Using VS C# it’s running ok, using Elements build error :frowning:

Under water it builds, but do not work properly

ConsoleApplication3.zip (30.1 KB)

If you’ll fix sth I’ll be happy to test it (before friday beta) because I’ve got time for it this week :slight_smile:

Curious. here it fails with the rather unhelpful message:

A JSON parsing exception occurred in [/Users/mh/Downloads/ConsoleApplication3 2/bin/Debug/ConsoleApplication3.deps.json]: Key not found

(ok, but WHAT key? the JSON looks fine…)

Don’t know what’s this, but found, that ASP.NET Core App builds with .NET 4.5 ClassLib and my code is running - one step forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

when EBuild will build ASP.NET Core Web Application - I’ve been trying to run it using VS and MSBuild, but it’s just imposible to work with MSBuild…

Errors like

MSB4018: The “GenerateDepsFile” task failed unexpectedly.

and it’s the end… References to .NET Core project just do not work.

I want to do it all under Water and forget about VS - will you help? :wink:

That’s not EBuild…

Well, just try it — what fails? Create a new .NET Core project from template. change the SDK/Runtime setting to ASP. What happens? Maybe it just works? I just haven’t gotten around to testing ASP.NET yet but in theory it should all just work the same as regular .NET Core?

I know that’s no EBuild - I’ve got enough using MSBuild :slight_smile:

1 Like

Water → New project Console Application (.NET Core) using C# do not build

Source code file ‘C:\Users\LHeczko\Documents\RemObjects Software\Elements\Water\ConsoleApplication7\Properties\Settings.Designer.swift’ does not exist.

It needs swift file, but its C# project - there is cs file

Oxygene project builds ok, but dont know how to translate some of C# code :slight_smile:

Oops, thats a template bug, will fix. Just remove the file from the project for now?

fixed.

You’re right - delete helped :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve created .NET Core Console Application, added reference to NuGet Microsoft.AspNetCore.App and there is a problem with multiple references.

Type “System.Reflection.AssemblyTitleAttribute” is defined in multiple references: System.Runtime, System.Runtime

When I look into References there is Microsoft.AspNetCore.App and Microsoft.NETCore.App - just like in VS - one difference - I can count on you :slight_smile:

Test case:
ConsoleApplication8.zip (103.0 KB)

Please look at this :slight_smile:

I believe you dont want to add this reference, you just want to set the runtime, eg:

Maybe :slight_smile: But under VS both of this are in references.

Yeah, I don’t care about VS right now :wink:

You’re right - sorry - just trying to notice difference