.NETCore

I’ll test new version with pleasure :slight_smile: Can’t wait :slight_smile:

You don’t need a new version, you can do this in current…

How using water I can’t see the option

hmm.

Yeah, looks like there’s a bug in the filtering for project settings :(.

try man rally adding

<NETCoreRuntime>Microsoft.AspNetCore.App</NETCoreRuntime>

to the project; I’ll try and get this fixed for Friday (but the bug is not in my code, so I cant promise :wink:

Let’s try :slight_smile:

Added and without diff

ConsoleApplication8.zip (103.0 KB)

Looking for references Microsoft.NETCore.App is removed, but build still takes the same error - defined in multiple references

you still have

<NuGetReference Include="microsoft.aspnetcore.app:*">
      <Private>True</Private>
    </NuGetReference>

?

yes

Well, drop it :wink:

I believe you dont want to add this reference, you just want to set the runtime, eg:

Removed microsoft.aspnetcore.app and Microsoft.NETCore.App automaticly added :frowning:

And without reference I’ve got unknown namespace

Could you please look at my code using Team Viewer maybe?

OK, clearly this just needs more work then. as I said it’s completely untested, this was just a blind stab at that “made it’ll work out of the box”. Setting NETCoreRuntime should do the trick, but clearly doesn’t, I’ll have a look, maybe tomorrow.

I’ll be grateful

Just FTR, project settings are fixed for vNext:

(this machine doesn’t seem to have the ASP runtime for some reason, that’s why its not showing as option; it will for you). I still havent gotten a chance to look at the actual ASP.NET Core, and chances are i won’t til next week, probably.

Thanks. I’m back for a moment to VS and you won’t believe it - when I add project as reference to app i crashes with file not found, but when I add reference to compiled dll i works ok - can you believe this… It’s MS - rather mess :smiley: When ASP will be working under Water I’ll forget about VS…

1 Like

Fixed, I believe. your project now fails with two simple (probably valid?) errors:

E:                   No overloaded method "CreateDefaultBuilder" with these parameters on type "WebHost", best H:                   parameter 1 is "String[]" should be "String[]" [/Users/mh/Downloads/ConsoleApplication8/ConsoleApplication/Program.cs (18)]
E:                   Type mismatch, cannot assign "Boolean" to "Boolean" [/Users/mh/Downloads/ConsoleApplication8/ConsoleApplication/Startup.cs (34)]

no promise if I can get you a copy of Water with this change before tomorrow, as I’m isn the middle of some EBuild changes I cannot merge into main trunk yet, and this fix is tied up with them. But I’ll try.

Error - no problem - it was just copied from another app - thera maybe sth wrong - thanks for your work :slight_smile:

New build w/ Water is being built now…

I’ve planned to go to bed but maybe I’ll wait :smiley: