VS 2017 and Elements, options missing when choosing "Add New Item"

While trying to dig into another problem with my new VM / VS2017 / .NET Suite environment, I’ve run into a bit of a brick wall, at least unless I’m missing something obvious…

I went to create a new Hydra plugin module, hit this issue, and then restarted, just creating a basic Oxygene .NET WinForms application and hit the same issue. The issue being “where are my options for creating ‘user control’ and other types” ?

Under VS2012, the equivalent options

Creating a Visual C# .NET Winforms application, I can see the Windows forms options when adding a new item

Having gone downs the Oxygene route for creating a Winforms application, I can’t.

Currently installed RemObjects software

Am I missing something ?

I’ve uninstalled RemObjects software and performed an uninstall / reinstall of VS2017, followed by reinstalling RemObjects Elements,Hydra SDK and DA. The expected expected options on “Add New Item” are now in place.

For the VS2017 install this time around, I did not customize the install, simply selecting WinForms as the only install option. The prior time around, I can’t detail the specific options selected, but it would have been WinForms as the basic install and then I know I customized some of the options. Not much help, but I can only assume some difference there is what messed up this aspect of the RO experience.

My apologies for the lack of timely reply on this thread. Glad to hear it’s resolved; not sure what exactly could have caused this. Please let us know of this breaks again or any part is still not working as it should.

thanx!
marc