The new version of Crossbox (8.4.96.2053) still does not work

Odd, i have /Users/mh/Library/Logs/CrossBox/CrossBox.log here…

Finally I found, however, in that log I see nothing related to the tests we did.
CrossBox.rar (4.1 KB)
It should contain other information?

what’s wrong with .zip btw?

CrossBox.zip (4.0 KB)

Hi Jose, actually I dare not to upgrade my XCode to 8 because of your this report. And I’ve found 8.4.96.2053 can no longer support iOS 9 by default, so I’m still using 8.4.96.2043.
Sorry it’s not helpful but just let you know :slight_smile:

the latest builds should still work fine with Xcode 7, and iOS 9. what problem are you having?

Add a report for this issue:

Hi Jose, actually I dare not to upgrade my XCode to 8 because of your
this report. And I’ve found 8.4.96.2053 can no longer support iOS 9 by
default, so I’m still using 8.4.96.2043.
Sorry it’s not helpful but just let you know

Perhaps it would be interesting that you will install XCode 8 to see if it works all right. If it does not work you can always reinstall XCode 7. :scream:

you can run xcode side by side, there’s no reinstalling. just keep both versions and set me as active.

I’m working on sth important and maybe I’ll have a try later… because it will probably suspend the work for a time.

If you’re doing urgent things best left it for later. :wink:

Marc,

I have checked that an example application of Xamarin with Visual Studio Community 2015 correctly starts the simulator and shows the application without any problem.
Also working properly Xamarin Studio on my MACMINI, so, Crossbox should have some problem, since both Delphi, Xamarin and XCode work without any problem in my MACMINI.

Have you checked if any of your users with a MACMINI are working correctly with CrossBox?

Best regards,
Jose A.

James,

Have you upgraded to XCode 8.1 and checked if everything works well for you?

Thanks,
Best regards,
Jose A.

Hi Jose,

I’ve just upgrade to XCode 8.1 and Elements 8.4.96.2059.

It worked well at first (iOS project can run and debug as normal), but occasionally for unknown reason the simulator got stuck at the app splash screen with “Timeout” error dialog in VS 2015, which seems be the error you described in this thread.

So I have to quit & restart the simulator and crossbox on my MBP manually, and it works well again. I still have no idea how to reproduce it.

You can try the following:

1. Restart the MAC MINI.
  2. Before doing anything on the MAC, run the application from Visual Studio.
  3. The error message should now appear consistently.

Tell me how this test works for you.
Thanks.

Oh yes, your test steps works! Now I can also reproduce this problem consistently.

And I’ve found I have to restart the crossbox twice on my MBP to fix it. I will post a new thread to describe it detailly.

Thanks James. :sweat_smile:

James,
Do you have the latest version of Fire (8.4.96.2059D) installed on the MAC?
If you have it installed, you could do a TableView project and see if it works properly.

https://talk.remobjects.com/t/fire-8-4-96-2059d-and-tableview-ios-sample-problem/?source_topic_id=10967

Thanks.

Despite having reinstalled the operating system and have only the most fundamental applications, this error continues to occur, so something does not work correctly in crossbox, some difference has to have with respect to what Fire does.